Thursday, August 16, 2007

Station Review: Malibu Barbardos Beach Radio*

One of the things that Pandora does is build stations for advertisers which are then incorporated into the ads that frame the player. I like to review these stations as they crop up. Because I now listen to Pandora on my mobile phone, I am now a subscriber. Subscribers do not normally see the ads, and so I asked Tom Conrad for the ability to do so, and he helpfully sent me this URL.

On deck today is Malibu Barbados Beach Radio (click to play). This station was built to sell a brand of coconut flavored rum. The station definition consists solely of 5 artists with no thumbs whatsoever. The bands work fairly well together with an up-to-date reggae, blues, indy feel. Nevertheless, as usual the lack of development is disappointing, and the station is below average even for the typical mediocrity of the advertising stations.

No comments: